Oleh : SatuQQ
Warm oven-fried crispy coconut chicken strips over a bed of baby greens, cucumber, tomato, and shredded carrots topped with a warm honey mustard vinaigrette – the perfect mix of salty and sweet and hot and cold.
Coconut Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
I’m not sure what it is about spring – maybe the thought of having to get into a bathing suit in just a few months, or perhaps it’s just the sunshine that switches my brain from wanting fewer soups and stews and more large entree salads. This Coconut Chicken Salad has plenty of protein to keep me satisfied, and the warmth of the chicken doesn’t leave me feeling like I’m missing something. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner. More of my favorite warm chicken salads are this BBQ Chicken Salad and Grilled Romaine, Corn, and Chicken Salad with Salsa Dressing.
How to Make Coconut Chicken
Chicken tenders for dinner are never a bad idea. Here they’re coated in panko, crushed corn flakes and shredded coconut. Served over a big salad, and a warm honey mustard dressing.
- Prep: Put the egg whites in one shallow bowl and the coconut, panko, cornflakes, and salt in another.
- Coat: Lightly season the chicken with salt, dip in the egg whites, and cover it with the cornflake mixture.
- Bake: Place the chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spray with olive oil, and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees, turning halfway.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients
This warm honey mustard vinaigrette is super simple to make. Besides honey and Dijon mustard, you’ll just need white wine vinegar and olive oil. Whisk the ingredients together and heat in the microwave.
- Protein: If you don’t have chicken tenders, buy a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips. If you don’t want to use chicken, swap it for coconut shrimp or fish sticks, like cod or flounder, cut into strips.
- Air Fryer: You can also cook this chicken tenders in the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook the strips for five to six minutes on each side.
- Cornflakes: I think the cornflake crumbs give the chicken a nice, crispy texture, but if you don’t want to buy a whole box for this recipe, you can double the panko or use corn Chex or unseasoned breadcrumbs.
- Gluten-Free Coconut Chicken: Use gluten-free panko and cornflakes. Not all brands of cornflakes are gluten-free, so double check the package.
- Coconut: If you don’t have sweetened coconut, unsweetened will work.
- Eggs: If you’re allergic to eggs, coat the chicken in Dijon or mayonnaise to get the crumbs to stick.
- Vinegar: If you don’t have white wine vinegar, sub it with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Salad Ingredients: You can use any salad ingredients that you have on hand. Use kale or arugula as the base, and add fruits and veggies, like avocado, mango, or bell pepper.
More Chicken Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Warm oven-fried coconut chicken tenders over a bed of baby greens, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots topped with a hot honey mustard vinaigrette.
- 6 chicken tenderloins, (about 12 oz)
- 6 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs, or GF panko
- 2 tbsp corn flake crumbs, crushed
- 1/3 cup egg whites, beaten
- pinch salt
- olive oil spray
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar, balsamic would work too
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Combine coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl.
Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.
Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture.
Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy cleanup. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.
Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between each plate.
When chicken is ready slice on the diagonal and place on top of greens.
Heat dressing in the microwave a few seconds and divide equally between each salad; a little over 1 tbsp each.
Air Fryer Directions: Air Fry in a single layer 400F degrees 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Serving: 1salad with 2 chicken tenders, Calories: 397kcal, Carbohydrates: 32.5g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 11g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 10g
WW Points Plus: 8
Keywords: Coconut Chicken, coconut chicken recipe, Coconut Chicken Salad, crispy coconut chicken, crispy coconut chicken strips